Thursday, July 22, 2010

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE SMACKWALL!

When this first came out I was like "hmmm...ah..no." One year later, the summer of 2009 I was hooked and upset that I missed a whole season's worth of pain-issuing episodes!

Now, sheer pandemonium fills my soul whenever the fury of the sweeper arm or the four uncrossable big red balls unleashes a little "slice of heaven," as Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs might say, upon some wary contestants, who I would trade places with in a heartbeat! If you don't know what I am talking about go to hulu.com and type in Wipeout.

Of course all the collisions, jumps, bumps, hits, punches, demoralizing falls are an essential part to this fun show. Unfortunately, many think Wipeout is just brutality, well, it is, but it is more.With John and John hosting this show it gives the viewer a great, quick-witted assessment to every situation so that you are never bored. An excellent gauge of this humor is as follows:

If Wipeout were an SAT question it be like pan is to burner as humor is to
a) Mortal Kombat
b) Streets of Rage II
c) Carebears
d) Wipeout
e) All the above

Very tricky question, but hey, that's the SAT for you, obviously d) is the right answer.

However, even if John and John weren't there hilarity would still ensue. Case in point:
Below is another classic interview from a June 29, 2010 episode complete with the comedy stylings of John Henson. The interviewee has a classic laugh until he realizes the joke:
Of course getting the wipeouts in small doses as a viewer is one thing, but no one ever just bought a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper and only had a glass, so what about a gluttony of punishments doled every second. I think John Henson just said "MONTAGE" beginning with a word from a crazy person:
I can admit it, I love watching people biff it, after all the show is Wipeout. However, there are some incredible feats of athleticism that I must commend and love to see happen.

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THE SWEEPER ARM


In May of 2009 when I started liking the show, I won't lie, I totally applied for the show where they ask a bunch of questions about you.

For example "What is the weirdest thing about you?" or "If you were going to be in People magazine, what inside info about you would be put up next to your picture?" and the classic "Describe your most embarrassing moment." The bad news, they still haven't called me...

I can end this post with an admonition to watch and enjoy Wipeout and as John Henson was long to say, "Goodnight and Big Balls."

4 comments:

Rheslie said...

I remember when I also did not like this show but I think this is now our main activity for FHE. And you should totally reapply Rhett! Tell them how you love them and blog about them! How can they resist you?

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Rhett!! This looks like some Double Dare show on CRACK!! I've never even heard of it, but just had a great laugh!! I totally think you should be on the show!!

Rhett said...

Leslie, I think I will! Sarah that really is a good comparison.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was amazingly horrific! Rhett don't do it I can't believe people don't get crippled.